Dienstag, 26. August 2008

Alex about past and present

Hello folks,

my name is Alexander Preuss and I am a brand new staff member at Egosoft... well... in fact my career here started almost 13 years ago! That might sound a bit confusing, but let me explain:

I joined Egosoft in 1996 for the first time, and worked on a lot of 2D based advertising games as well as the adventure game Imperium Romanum. Until 2002 I worked on the Egosoft games X-Beyond the Frontier, X-tension, and X²-The Threat.
Imperium Romanum 1995


Intro XTension 2001, Intro X-Beyond the Frontier 1999

Unfortunately I left Egosoft in Mai 2002 because of family related issues. I went to the IT and
Internet business and spent most of my time in designing websites, artworks for magazines and a lot of uninteresting stuff which reminded me of how I missed working in the games industry.

During the past 3-4 years I was practicing a lot on 3D/2D artworks in my free time, and in 2005 I won the cgnetworks "Grand Space Opera" challenge with my artwork "The broken Armistice over Abalakin", and also some smaller follow up challenges.

Well... luckily and due to a chain of some funny events it happened that Bernd Lehahn and I met again... and... what should i say... I am back on board! :)

My first big Job here at Egosoft was to create the new Intro for X3 Terran Conflict. It is based on a concept by Helge Kautz and shows the line of events between the original Terraformer attack on Earth and the events which will lead to the new story.


Intro X3:Terran Conflict


Intro X3:Terran Conflict

I also worked on some of the new models which will appear in X3: Terran Conflict.



Some examples are a big Terraformer CPU Ship, a secret Terraformer object,
the Khaak Hive and the new Xenon station.



Finally I can say I am having a great time right now and doing all this cool stuff for X3TC is pure fun and it makes me proud to be a member of the Egosoft team again.

-Alex

2 Kommentare:

Anonym hat gesagt…

I'm quit impressed by the broken armistice. But it is out of proportion, right? Assuming that planet has the size of earth, those disks inside the beam must be larger than any city on earth. Hence the destroyer must be as large as a country in Europe or even larger.

To say that I wouldn't expect a space ship this big to look so neat the proportions should be different, ie of the engines :D

Abalakin hat gesagt…

Thanks 4 your feedback... i am glad to be back on board :)

About my picture... it has nothing to with Earth... it is just an fictive world i made for a graphic challenge.

There is a thread on cgtalk where you can see how i made the image and what background i used for it.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=179462